Experiential Learning Scholarships
The Office of Experiential Learning offers scholarships to support students' experiential
learning activities. Awards are in amounts of up to $2,500.
Students must be eligible and activities must be on the approved list of any college to be considered for funding.
**Important note for students who received scholarships in Fall 2019 or Spring 2020**
Please follow the steps below to check the status of your funding:
- Contact our Scholarship Coordinator, Sara Kirkpatrick, to ask any questions and let
us know if you are planning to use your scholarship funds now or sometime over the
course of the next academic year.
- If you are planning on accepting funding, you may go ahead and digitally sign the
Acknowledgement Form and the Consent & Release Form in the application portal: firstname.lastname@example.org . (This applies to new Spring 2020 recipients only.)
- If you already have your program acceptance letter, you may also upload this within
the portal or email it to our office.
If your program has been cancelled and you are planning to defer your funding:
- Please note that, in order to defer your scholarship funding, your replacement activity
must be the same or very similar to your originally funded program.
- You will need to submit your replacement EL activity/program to the Office of Experiential
Learning for approval. You may submit your replacement activity by completing an
Experiential Learning Scholarship Transfer Form and emailing it to our office (email@example.com).
- Please submit your Transfer Form no later than 8 weeks prior to the start of your
program/activity to allow sufficient time for processing.
- Please note that your funding must be used during the next academic year, which includes
Fall 20, Spring 21, and Maymester/Summer 21. All funds will expire after August 31, 2021.
Contact our office with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED AND WILL RE-OPEN IN FALL 2020.
**Please note! The scholarship application has the UGA Study Away logo, but ALL approved
EL activities and areas are eligible!
For activities occuring in Spring 2021 and Summer 2021 - October 2021
For activities occuring in Summer 2021 and Fall 2021 - February 2022
EL Student Profile: Hedaya Weber from UGA OVPI on Vimeo.