IDEA Course Flyer
INNOVATION & DESIGN COURSE for Fall 2023
- What: IDEA 4000/6000 - Innovation Catalyst and Design
- Where: Delta Innovation Hub
- When: Fall; Tues/Thurs 11:10 am - 12:25 pm
- Who: Undergraduate & Graduate students interested in learning more about the practice of innovation within any setting (industry, start-ups, non-profits, government, and research)
- Build and practice innovation and creativity skills
- Apply your skills and complete two Design Challenges
- Network with industry executives and designers
- Compete for Fellow positions in the Student Industry Fellows Program
Companies, research labs, government agencies, and community institutions are increasingly desirous of individuals who have some background in Design Thinking and the supporting skills to apply it to the innovation process. This course exposes students of any background, interest, and passion to the practice of innovation.
Drawing from interdisciplinary methods and tools from fields like design, engineering, the arts, social sciences, and business, this course is designed to immerse students in the concepts of cross-disciplinary, team-based project work as well as enhance core skills required to implement innovation and problem-solving in any setting.
Specific topics will include theoretical frameworks for innovation and problem-solving, process models for understanding and addressing business or organizational challenges, and strategies/tactics for implementing innovative solutions. The course places a heavy emphasis on consultative approaches and experiential learning through site visits, case studies, or invited speakers.
|Supported by The Delta Air Lines Foundation|